Copper Creek Church
(Position is currently open.)
Copper Creek Church has a mission statement of “Creating a home for those who have given up on church.” This reminds us that we are here for the people who aren’t here yet. More specifically, we are here to create a safe space, a warm welcome and a soft landing place for those who have walked away from church, wounded, burned out, or full of questions and doubts. We love Jesus and focus heavily on what it looks like to love others the way Jesus loves us. We are an open and affirming church - committed to the full acceptance and inclusion of all people regardless of gender, sexual orientation, race, or any other category that often divides people in the world.
NOTE: We have 3 worship services: Thursday nights at 7pm and Sunday mornings at 9am and 10:30am. The Thursday night service is more reflective and very simple - usually with just 3 songs led by one person on a guitar or keyboard. The two Sunday morning services are identical featuring 5 songs and a full band. Our worship style is contemporary, but we feature a mixture of current worship songs and older hymns and spirituals.
Worship Director Background
This person is responsible for the musical and visual elements of CCC Worship gatherings. This includes planning and scheduling A/V volunteers and musicians / vocalists. This person will also develop and produce all multi-media worship content - including anything projected on screens during worship, primarily lyrics, videos, visuals, and other slides with informational content. The Worship Director is a valued part of the staff and will participate in weekly staff meetings.
1. Plan and lead musical elements for weekly worship gatherings.
* Select songs that help achieve a balance between contemporary and hymns.
* Identify new songs that are consistent with our values and goals.
* Schedule musicians, vocalists, and A/V volunteers.
* Provide direct supervision for the A/V Coordinator.
2. Video and Visual Content
* Film, edit, and produce videos and visual components to help illustrate and
communicate sermon themes and help facilitate the worship experience.
* Enter song lyrics and other visual content into ProPresenter projection software.
* Develop background images and slides for various aspects of worship services.
3. Leadership Development
* Be a spiritual leader for all people serving on various worship teams.
* Recruit and develop new musicians, vocalists, and A/V volunteers.
* Provide ongoing training and development for current volunteers
4. Worship Planning
* Work with Creative Worship team to plan message themes, interactive worship
elements, stage sets and backdrops, and sanctuary décor.
5. Oversee worship department budget and expenditures.
Worship Director Qualifications
1. Recognizing that leaders cannot take people to a place they are not first going themselves, Worship Director will maintain personal habits of worship and spiritual disciplines that foster a growing and vibrant personal faith.
2. Recognizing the importance of Sabbath rest and personal well being, Worship Director will schedule regular periods of vacation, spiritual retreat, and professional development!
3. Recognizing that pastoral ministry is about being an active part of the community of faith, Worship Director will participate in the larger life of the church, including participation in a small group, church wide special events and activities.
4. Recognizing that the CCC staff model is one of mutual support and encouragement, Worship Director will strive to be a great teammate by supporting and encouraging other staff across ministry areas, and beyond specific, written job responsibilities.
5. Recognizing that all staff are called to help the church thrive, Worship Director will partner with other staff and key leaders to help CCC pursue excellence by constantly looking for ways to help the church improve and grow.
Salary and Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary with provision for benefits. Salary is negotiable based on competency and experience.
For additional information about Copper Creek Church, visit our website:
To apply, send resume to Scott Keeble: email@example.com